
I have lately been talking a lot with some of you -¡Long live skype!- and most of you, after a while, end up asking me something along the lines of:
"Eduardo, I have just wanted to ask you something for quite a while. I know you are in New York, good; I know you are in Columbia, cool; but not an MBA, mmmh; ... So what in Heavens name are you really studying?"
Step by step:
I am studying a Masters in International Affairs. This is not an MBA. It is not business related. It is a two year Masters where you study anything that has international implications, but I am mostly focusing on, international security, interstate relations and so on. More at:
http://www.sipa.columbia.edu/academics/degree_programs/mia/index.html
There are mainly two blocks:
1.- The core curriculum where you take International Relations Theory courses
2.- A specialization: a few examples are: International Security Policy (my choice!), Human Rights, Economic Development, etc.
To give you some insight, some of the classes I am taking are:
- Conceptual Foundations: International Relations Theory
- Economics. (I had to take this one)
- Contemporary Diplomacy: Analysis of conflicts where diplomats have played a major role
- War, peace and strategy:
For the next semester I have the possibility of taking different courses such as history of WWII strategy, Geopolitics of Energy, European history through the prism of literature, Nationalism, EU security, counterterrorism, Middle East history, the Roman Empire, arabic, etc. The good thing about Columbia is that I can also attend courses in other schools: french literature, art history, etc.
I hope this helps!
2 comentarios:
The explanation is great Eduardo. but I have a question. Are you going to change the name of your blog? (do you know what I'm asking that) :) Take care boy
I wanted to say Why not What :D
Publicar un comentario